Holi is definitely an colorful festival but it leaves behind a harsh effect on both our skin & hair. So we give you few tips with us you can enjoy this Holi without any guilt. Post Holi care is essential & is important for all age groups.
First lets get started with some easy tips:
* Apply a good moisturizer or olive oil to your face, leave it on for 10 mins, take a cotton pad to remove it off and then rinse with cold water.
* Use a deep conditioning treatment for your hair. Mix a little hair conditioner with oil, apply it all over your hair and wear a shower cap. Leave it on for 15 mins, rinse off with warm water.
* Use yogurt to remove off the stubborn colour, yogurt has natural bleaching properties, apply natural yogurt on your skin and rinse off.
Now some very important tips to keep in mind for Post Holi Care:
1. Use liquid soap, applying it very gently on your body. For tough colours, opt for home remedies to deal with it or you can visit a parlour too.
2. Home remedies like applying lemon juice directly on to your skin; curd and sandalwood mixture is great; and you can also make a turmeric and white flour paste, keep it on for 15-20 mins, and then wash it away with non-boiled milk. This mixture can be applied on all areas with colour after making it bit wet with plain water.
3. To clean your face, use olive oil on cotton to remove the Holi colour ‘make-up’, but only after thoroughly washing your face with clean water. Again, opt for home-made scrubs like those using white flour to get rid of the tougher colour stains. You can also use a mild scrub or make a natural sugar scrub.
4. Avoid using exfoliates or bath salts for 48 hours after playing Holi, since your skin will very sensitive.
5. Do not use steam or sauna for the next three days as well, since the body can absorb remaining colour on your skin, as the steam opens up your pores.
6. Going for a skin facial is a good idea post-Holi, but opt for a medi-facial, which is bleach and steam free and avoids chemicals, that too, only after 48 hours of playing Holi.
Enjoying in this colourful festival is obvious but we have to make sure that the Post Holi Care routine is followed strictly.
Hope you all had a fun and colorful Holi…